Andrew Winning established Alfa Consulting in 2009 after having spent many successful years at the finance helm of a number of private and public businesses. Whilst leading these organisations Andrew developed a passion for ensuring the business strategies were adding value for stakeholders and that they were optimally organised and financed.
Andrew is a chartered accountant and economics graduate. He trained with Coopers & Lybrand and has subsequently worked in the leisure and hospitality sector with both FTSE 250 PLCs and private equity backed organisations.
Andrew's key achievements in his corporate life have been:-
- Group Finance Director of Unique Pub Company - £228m profit, 4,000 plus pubs
- Main board director of a number of large private limited companies
- Raised £1.7 billion of securitised and traditional bank debt
- Refinanced Marston's PLC via a debenture exchange and redemption programme
- Project managed a £176 million Rights Issue for Marston's PLC
- Co-led a successful private equity funded management exit from Bass PLC
- Successfully completed two further private equity exits
- Bought and sold many businesses
- Chairman of a defined benefit pension scheme and trustee of two other schemes
- Integrated two defined benefit schemes
- Managed company, pension trustee and pension regulator concerns during a major refinancing affecting the ranking of the pension creditor
- Voted the UK's number 2 Treasurer 2005
For further details please refer to http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewwinning